• A tire can be as much as 50% underinflated before it is visibly noticeable. According to the Car Care Council tire pressure should be checked at least once a month.
• Only 15% of drivers properly check their tire pressure.
• More than half of drivers wrongly believe that the correct tire pressure is printed on the tire sidewall.
• 30% of drivers wrongly believe that the best time to check their tires is when they are warm after drive a few miles.
• Underinflated tires use 10-15% more gas---that means it cost you more per gallon every time you fill up.
• 71% of drivers do not check the tire pressure in their spare tire.
• 40% of drivers have not rotated their tires within the recommended interval of 6,000 miles.
The importance of properly maintaining your tires CANNOT be overemphasized. Remember tires are the only contact between your vehicle and the road.
Give us a call at 860-951-1083 or stop by, we’ll check your tires for FREE.